in

Meghan and Harry scrap plans for a celebrity-filled bash to celebrate Archie’s first birthday


Harry and Meghan have been forced to shelve plans to host a celebrity-filled birthday bash in Los Angeles for their son Archie, DailyMail.com can reveal.

A source close to the couple said the pair had hoped to mix their son’s first birthday on May 6 with a welcome to LA party – the perfect opportunity for the couple to mingle with family and friends.

But the Duke and Duchess Of Sussex‘s plans have been scuppered after coronavirus lockdown restrictions were extended. 

On Friday Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced that the stay-at-home order would be extended through May 15 with all social gatherings still forbidden.

Harry and Meghan will now opt for a quiet birthday celebration for Archie at their new Los Angeles home – the location of which remains a mystery.

Harry and Meghan have been forced to shelve plans to host a celebrity filled birthday bash in LA for Archie (pictured together last September), DailyMail.com can reveal. A source close to the couple says the pair had hoped to mix their son’s first birthday on May 6 with a welcome to LA party – the perfect opportunity for the couple to mingle with family and friends

Meghan's school friend Katherine McPhee, who lives in LA with Grammy winning music producer husband David Foster (pictured), will also have been invited

Serena Williams

Harry and Meghan have a long list of celebrity friends, many of which will have been on the invite list for the bash. They include James Corden, Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah Winfrey, Idris Alba, Tom Hardy, Serena Williams (right) , Elton John and George and Amal Clooney. Meghan’s school friend Katherine McPhee, who lives in LA with Grammy winning music producer husband David Foster (left), will also have been invited

This comes after Harry’s friend Dr Jane Goodall revealed the prince is finding life ‘a bit challenging’ following his move to California.

The 86-year-old primatologist has ‘been in touch’ with Harry, 35, after he quit frontline royal duties to live in Canada and then Los Angeles with wife Meghan, 38, and baby Archie.

Speaking to Radio Times, she said: ‘I don’t know how his career is going to map out, but, yes, I’ve been in touch – though I think he’s finding life a bit challenging right now.’

The Sussexes moved to California just before the US closed the border with Canada to non-residents last month.

Meghan has purposely kept her mother Doria Ragland away from their LA home over concerns of spreading the coronavirus.

And a business associate of the pair has told DailyMail.com that the couple has no intention of flouting the rules by throwing a big party for Archie’s birthday.

‘That is absolutely not going to happen now the authorities have extended the restrictions,’ one associate told DailyMail.com.

This comes after Harry's friend Dr Jane Goodall revealed the prince is finding life 'a bit challenging' following his move to California. The 86-year-old primatologist has 'been in touch' with Harry

This comes after Harry’s friend Dr Jane Goodall revealed the prince is finding life ‘a bit challenging’ following his move to California. The 86-year-old primatologist has ‘been in touch’ with Harry

The Sussexes moved to California just before the US closed the border with Canada to non-residents last month. Pictured: The Vancouver Island mansion Meghan and Harry were staying at until heading off to Los Angeles

The Sussexes moved to California just before the US closed the border with Canada to non-residents last month. Pictured: The Vancouver Island mansion Meghan and Harry were staying at until heading off to Los Angeles 

‘Los Angelenos have been told that social distancing remains a priority and parties or gatherings of any sort are out of the question.

‘There is no way that Harry and Meghan could or would even consider throwing a party for family and friends. As special as Archie turning one is, now is the time to take safety more seriously than ever.

‘Their close knit friend group will have plenty of other opportunities moving forward to come together. There are other events lined up throughout the rest of the year.

‘It’s a shame because Archie’s birthday, without the lockdown, offered the perfect opportunity to host a welcome to LA bash for them and their friends.

‘Just last week April 19 was the date restrictions would set to be lifted, but that’s not the case any more for safety reasons.’

Harry and Meghan have a long list of celebrity friends, many of which will have been on the invite list for the bash.

Meghan has purposely kept her mother Doria Ragland away from their LA home over concerns of spreading the coronavirus. And a business associate of the pair has told DailyMail.com that the couple has no intention of flouting the rules by throwing a big party for Archie's birthday

Meghan has purposely kept her mother Doria Ragland away from their LA home over concerns of spreading the coronavirus. And a business associate of the pair has told DailyMail.com that the couple has no intention of flouting the rules by throwing a big party for Archie’s birthday

They include James Corden, Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah Winfrey, Idris Alba, Tom Hardy, Serena Williams, Elton John and George and Amal Clooney.

Meghan’s school friend Katherine McPhee, who lives in LA with Grammy winning music producer husband David Foster, will also have been invited, as well as her close friend Jessica Mulroney and former Suits co-star Abigail Spencer. 

The source added that while the lockdown is impacting many of Harry and Meghan’s business and charity’s plans, they are still in ‘full planning mode’.

‘They still hope to have Archewell up and running fully by the time the lockdown is lifted,’ the associate said.

‘Their desire to make their foundation a success is greater than ever. And what is happening to the world makes them more determined to do good in the world.’

As of Tuesday Los Angeles County has recorded more than 9,400 coronavirus cases and more than 325 deaths.

The source added that while the lockdown is impacting many of Harry and Meghan's business and charity's plans, they are still in 'full planning mode'. 'They still hope to have Archewell up and running fully by the time the lockdown is lifted,' the associate said

The source added that while the lockdown is impacting many of Harry and Meghan’s business and charity’s plans, they are still in ‘full planning mode’. ‘They still hope to have Archewell up and running fully by the time the lockdown is lifted,’ the associate said

The city is under lockdown with only essential trips to supermarkets, pharmacies and exercise outings allowed.

California has been one of the states hit the hardest by COVID-19, along with New York and Washington state, but recent numbers suggest social-distancing and other measures have helped slow the spread and flatten the curve.

The Sussexes officially stepped down as senior working royals on March 31. They have set up home in Los Angeles after initially insisting they would settle in Canada.

It’s understood Meghan is hoping to eventually settle with her husband in the Malibu, Palisades and PCH corridor and is understood to be planning a return to show business.

Earlier this month Disney announced the release of a charity film called Elephant which is narrated by Meghan. 



Source link

What do you think?

Written by WorninTV

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Celebrity inmates who are citing coronavirus to try to get released

Celebrities step up to help alleviate poverty amid coronavirus pandemic