…and the spot ultimately reminds viewers, “Your local restaurants need their locals. #OrderLocal.” The work doesn’t actually mention Postmates, except for the bike courier icon at the end, focusing instead on the restaurants themselves.
By some estimates, more than 50 percent of eateries could close permanently owing to the pandemic. By encouraging folks to order in, the campaign hopes to help establishments stay afloat during the crisis.
Postmates has also launched a relief program encouraging merchants unfamiliar to join the platform, and waived delivery fees in markets such as San Francisco and Detroit. Since the coronavirus scourge began, the number of merchants signing up for Postmates has increased by a factor of 10, the company says.
Here’s a complete list of the celebrities appearing in the ad:
• Andy Bovine (Pitch Perfect) – Bear Flag Fish Co., LA
• Ashley Benson (Pretty Little Liars) – Silverlake Ramen, LA
• Bella Thorne (Shake it Up) – Versailles, LA
• Cara Delevingne (Suicide Squad) – by Chloe, LA
• Cassie (Singer/Songwriter) – The Griddle Cafe, LA
• Cody Bellinger (Dodgers’ 2019 MVP) – Urth Cafe, LA
• Daymond John (Shark Tank) – Fontana Famous Pizza & Gyro, NYC
• Jamie Lynn Sigler (The Sopranos) – Hugo’s, LA
• Jonathan Sadowski (Young & Hungry) – Burgerama, LA
• Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell / Access Hollywood) – Big Mama’s and Papa’s Pizzeria, LA
• Meghan Trainor (Singer/Songwriter) – Fresh Brothers, LA
• Mindy Kaling(The Office/ Never Have I Ever) – Mozza2Go, LA
• Tiffany Haddish (Girls Trip) – D’s Original Take Out Grill and Mel’s Fish Shack, LA
• Steve Aoki (DJ) – Dudley’s, NYC
• Tichina Arnold (Everybody Hates Chris) – Jinya Ramen, LA
• Tinashe (Singer/Songwriter) – Bossa Nova, LA